Monday, January 31, 2011

Free!

My favorite way to acquire the things my family wants and needs is to seek it out for free.  I have no problem asking, since we end up giving everything away when we are done with it anyways.  The girls clothing, house-wares, books, magazines, craft supplies, and toys are usually what we receive.  Since I am the first of many of my friends to have children I don’t usually repost the clothing and toys because they get passed along with all the other paraphernalia that we receive from birthday’s and Christmas. 

By repost, I mean on Freecycle and Full Circles groups in our area.  These are Yahoo groups that anyone can join that are all over Canada and the world.  We are fortunate to have an amazing group in our area that reposts out quality items.  This past month I received a bunch of vegetarian magazines so we can cook meatless meals at least 3 times a week, a box full of juice glasses that not only will be used for breakfast but also crafts, and a snowsuit that Hannah will fit into next year.

I wish I had more to offer, but since our big move last May we are all out.  At that time I was able to rid an extra bookcase, fish tank and stand, books, a freestanding bronze hand towel rack, a computer, desk etc.  For our friends we were able to distribute a bunch of toys, boxes of baby and toddler clothing, and baby equipment. 

I love knowing that we can keep passing items on so that more items do not have to be produced in a factory, packaged, shipped, and marked-up. 




Happy Freecycling!

Erin








1 comment:

  1. Congrats on such finds! I have had massive success with Freecycle here in Washington, DC, and, when that hasn't provided, the free section of Craigslist or buying used from Craigslist. Ask, and you shall receive!

    Cheers,
    Gladys

    ReplyDelete